Dec 1, 2007

Christmas or Winterfest?

It's finally Christmas. The time most people love. There is controversy, though about if it should be called Christmas. Should it be called Winterfest instead? I would have to say personally that it should be called Christmas. It is about the birth of Chirst. People also say that saying X-Mas instead of Christmas is taking Christ out of Christmas. Did you know that X stands for Christ in Greek? So, technically you're not taking Christ out of Christmas.

6 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Good point about the "X". Say, I'll be doing an editorial on this very topic for Virtually News, and as usual Mr. Dunn will be countering me. Watch for the next issue!

Anonymous said...

That's cool! I'll watch for it.

Anonymous said...

'Winterfest'? Sheesh, and I didn't think it could get much worse after 'Holiday Tree'.

What will people be saying next? "Happy winter celebration for those of the Jewish faith!" (Hanukkah)

Anonymous said...

I know. That is crazy about "Holiday Tree."

Anonymous said...

btw that last post by "Eliza" was actually by me - I forgot which blogger account I was on at the time! :P

Yan Naing said...

What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.nice post and thanks for sharing...