Sep 11, 2007

Patriot Day

Today is 9/11. Take time to remember everyone who died. Remember the figherfighters and police who gave their lives to save other peoples. Remember all of your family and friends who died.

4 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

I remember exactly where I was when all the attacks happened.
I was in 7th grade, in english class. (unfortunately, Catholic middle school) and all of a sudden, my science teacher burst into the room, and whispered something in my english teacher's ear. She turned on the news channel, and we saw the second airplane fly right into the building, as it actually happened, I am pretty sure.
Back then, I had no idea about what those buildings where, where they were, what they were about. I didn't even know they were the tallest buildings in the world.
I was slightly confused, but really sad for these people.
We watched all day long, as it was perhaps 9/10 am that this happened.
It was hard to watch the buildings collapse, all the people running, terror on their faces, it was unnerving to see that. I was kind of shocked that it was happening, and in all places, New York.
A friend of mine had an uncle die in tower 1. Just scary to think about.

Bret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bret said...

I remember exactly where I was too. 5th grade, Social Studies. Just like you, I had no idea what the towers were. It was a while before we got a television in, so my teacher was half drawing, half explaining as best he could, exactly what had happened. I remember seeing the footage, but not really what I was feeling at that point. I was pulled out of school early that day, like many other kids, and watched more footage at home. A lot of crying occurred at school over the next few days. Too many kids lost loved ones that day, and that is scary to think about.

Henry said...

As I type this, a show is on the television about that horrible day. The most haunting part is the videos showing the planes hitting. Wow. The feelings all come back...

What a day that was. What a terrible, glory-stricken day.